Today I'm switching it up a little. While I love discussing and sharing all things fitness, health and wellness with you all, I figured it might be fun to do something a little different today and let you all get to know me a little better (outside of my favorite workouts, toast recipes, and wellness products). I recently stumbled across this "25 Things You Don't Know About Me," questionnaire and I am so excited to share a little bit more about myself with you. While some of my longtime readers and OG followers (you know who you are) may know some of these things, I'm hoping you all learn something new.
1. I’m happiest when I’m surrounded by people I love doing, things I love.
2. …Especially if it involves good weather and good food.
3. I’ve always wanted to travel! I’ve hit very few cities and countries on my bucket list, so I’ve got a long way to go.
4. My family and I are pretty close (and I love that most of my family lives between Boston and New York making it easier to get together).
5. I was a terrible chemistry student (I refused to memorize the periodic table because I didn’t understand why that was something that needed to be memorized).
6. My first job was making salads, desserts, and busing tables at a local restaurant. My dad’s friend owned the restaurant and it was decided I would work there as soon as I was old enough.
7. I could probably eat tacos everyday, or sushi, or both.
8. I stole the sweatshirt that I’m currently wearing from my grandmother. I told her I wanted to make it mine, I was told I couldn’t take it, and then I honestly packed it by accident last time I left her house. I’m not even sure she’s realized it, and I know she will read this, so I guess this is my confession.
9. I was born on the same day as Beverly Cleary and David Letterman.
10. My all-time favorite film is Save the Last Dance (and something I still wish I was a dancer because of it).
11. If I could have any super power it would be to fly.
12. I’m still mad I never studied abroad.
13. I met my boyfriend at a Hannukah benefit at the Jewish Heritage Museum in NYC.
14. I always knew I wanted to be a lawyer (yup, the 5 year old that wanted to be a lawyer when she grew up).
15. I’m not afraid to speak my mind.
16. I make the best buffalo chicken mac and cheese (come on, cooking can’t always be healthy!)
17. I have almost no flexibility.
18. I always cry when kids on America’s Got Talent share their background stories and then crush their performances (this is a recent development, but its slightly out of control).
19. I’m (now) a New Yorker, but I was born and raised in Connecticut.
20. I’ve lived in my current NYC apartment since May 2011 (which is getting scary close to the amount of time I lived in my parents current home as a kid).
21. I wish I had about four more hours in every day to do all the things that give my life meaning and still get enough sleep.
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with my Samantha American Girl Doll and the Power Rangers.
23. I believe if everyone took the time to learn from those around them the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand when people are fake and aren’t true to themselves.
25. Whenever Law and Order SVU is on, I’ll watch it (which it pretty much 24/7).